Skip to main content
Thu, 19 May 2022
- 11:20 am Nyeri Governor Mutahi Kahiga picks David Kinarire as his running mate ahead of the August 9 General Election.
- 10:55 am Yatta MP Charles Kilonzo says there will be no runoff in August 9 polls, tells Kalonzo Musyoka to stop being misadvised to vie.
- 10:31 am Deputy President William Ruto takes his campaign to Nakuru, holds county economic forum.
- 10:00 am Nairobi gubernatorial running mate on Azimio Philip Kaloki calls for amendments to the deal, says he is optimistic that Kalonzo Musyoka and Raila Odinga will work together.
- 9:37 am Makueni governor Prof Kivutha Kibwana tells off Wiper leader Kalonzo Musyoka over his demands before rejoining the Azimio coalition.
- 9:04 am Raila Odinga's Campaign Spokesman Prof Makau Mutua argues that the nomination of Martha Karua as the Azimio running mate is the real earthquake of 2022 polls.
- 8:38 am ODM leader Raila Odinga renews his push for 6-piece voting pattern in his strongholds ahead the August General Election.
- 8:01 am CS Joe Mucheru dismisses claims by Deputy President William Ruto's team that he is planning to use his docket to rig elections in favour of Azimio.
- 7:42 am Wiper leader Kalonzo Musyoka wants Chief Minister post offered by Azimio flag-bearer Raila Odinga included in the coalitions' agreement.
- 7:04 am Former Deputy Chief Justice Nancy Baraza says Kenya is on the right track following Martha Karua's nomination as Azimio Presidential running mate.
- 6:30 am KANU Chairman Gideon Moi to defend his Baringo Senatorial seat in the upcoming August 9 General Election.
Wed, 18 May 2022
- 8:02 pm The High Court rejects a request for Azimio Coalition agreement to be made public, rules the matter must be heard in presence of all partner parties
- 7:27 pm Kitui governor Charity Ngilu and former Senator David Musila in talks that will see one of them drop out of the gubernatorial race.
- 6:25 pm IEBC announces registration of candidates who will participate in August polls starting May 29 to June 7.
- 5:24 pm Shinyalu MP Justus Kizito to defend his seat on DAP-K after the ruling by the Political Parties Disputes Tribunal.
- 4:55 pm Former Police spokesman Charles Owino drops his bid to deputise Nicholas Gumbo in the Siaya gubernatorial race.
- 4:11 pm Three Civil Organizations file petition seeking to bar ex-Nairobi governor Mike Sonko from vying in the forthcoming elections.
- 3:14 pm Makueni Member of Parliament Dan Maanzo hints at a possibility of Kalonzo Musyoka and Raila Odinga reuniting, says all is not lost.
- 2:38 pm IEBC gazettes names and symbols of Independent Candidates set to Participate in nominations ahead of the General Election.
- 2:12 pm Deputy President William Ruto meets leaders from Kiambu County led by Kikuyu MP Kimani Ichung'wa at his Karen Residence, Nairobi.
- 1:44 pm The United Nations and the Centre for Multiparty Democracy, CMD pledge to support Kenyan women in politics.
- 1:28 pm Makueni governor Prof Kivutha Kibwana dares Wiper leader Kalonzo Musyoka to vie, says August poll is a two-horse race, between Raila Odinga and William Ruto.
- 1:06 pm Senate Speaker Ken Lusaka picks Jennifer Mbattiany as his running mate in the Bungoma gubernatorial race.
- 12:57 pm Majority of the voters aged 35 years and above back the Raila Odinga - Martha Karua ticket according to the latest TIFA poll.
- 12:44 pm United Democratic Alliance (UDA) remains the most popular political party with 29 per cent, Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) second with 25 per cent popularity, TIFA poll shows.
- 12:11 pm New poll shows Raila Odinga's popularity has grown to 39 per cent while William Ruto's has dropped to 35 per cent since the two picked running mates.
- 11:47 am Singer Roy Smith Mwita alias Rufftone drops out of Nairobi senatorial race in favour of Bishop Margaret Wanjiru of UDA.
- 11:24 am Ex-Kiambu governor, William Kabogo, says Raila Odinga and Kalonzo Musyoka are trying to force a runoff in the August 9 presidential vote.
- 11:08 am Gideon Moi assures his party members that KANU is still a member of Azimio La Umoja despite him appearing at Kalonzo Musyoka's presidential bid launch.
Kenyans.co.ke © 2022 All Rights Reserved