Skip to main content
Fri, 04 March 2022
- 6:47 pm DP William Ruto says presidential candidates should be compelled to respect the outcome of the election, adds he has made a commitment to do so.
- 6:35 pm Deputy President William Ruto hosted by Center for Strategic & International Studies in the US. The DP was the key guest in a discussion on Consolidating Democracy.
- 5:32 pm Former UNCTAD Secretary General, Mukhisa Kituyi, drops presidential bid, to support ODM's Raila Odinga in the State House race.
- 5:17 pm Education Cabinet Secretary, George Magoha, bans politicians from schools until KCPE, KCSE exams are over.
- 4:31 pm Outgoing Makueni Governor, Kivutha Kibwana, declares interest in the county's Senatorial seat.
- 4:02 pm Court of Appeal upholds the impeachment of former Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko, says his conduct did not merit the standards of a Governor.
- 3:21 pm Court of Appeal rules that Members of County Assembly do not need to resign in order to seek other elective seats.
- 3:14 pm ODM denounces a list of campaign officials making rounds on social media. Prof Makau Mutua says party still constituting team.
- 2:18 pm Nominated Senator and Nairobi Woman Rep hopeful Millicent Omanga defends DP William Ruto's White House meeting, says it has caused anxiety in opposition.
- 1:20 pm Jubilee Party signs pre-election agreement with United Democratic Movement (UDM).
- 12:35 pm IEBC to investigate DP William Ruto allegations of a possible poll rigging plan, Wafula Chebukati says there is zero chance of stealing the election.
- 11:55 am Meru Governor Kiraitu Murungi says Meru region deliberating on which candidate to support for the presidency in the August elections.
- 11:20 am IEBC, Editor's Guild and Kenya Union of Journalists sign partnership deal to ease dissemination of relevant and verifiable information ahead of the August 9 polls.
- 10:30 am Gatundu South Member of Parliament, Moses Kuria, announces his Chama Cha Kazi party in talks with Kenya Kwanza over a possible political alliance.
- 9:22 am State House spokesperson Kanze Dena defends President Uhuru Kenyatta’s development record, says shortcomings were beyond his control.
- 8:00 am Murang’a Senator Irungu Kang’ata opposes plans to impeach DP William Ruto, says second in command to remain in office until next administration assumes power.
- 7:30 am Jubilee Secretary General Jeremiah Kioni hints at President Uhuru Kenyatta de-whipping senior county assembly members who deserted the party.
- 6:00 am Deputy President William Ruto terms President Uhuru Kenyatta as a refugee in the opposition camp in Kenya.
Thu, 03 March 2022
- 6:24 pm ODM Leader Raila Odinga campaigns in Nyamira, endorsed by area governor Amos Nyaribo
- 5:00 pm ODM leader Raila Odinga dares Deputy President William Ruto to face him at the ballot, describing the DP as a political juvenile.
- 4:06 pm Businessman Jimi Wanjigi dismisses reports of running for Nairobi Governor's seat on a UDA ticket
- 3:00 pm The Registrar of Political Parties gives Azimio la Umoja, One Kenya Alliance and Kenya Kwanza up to April 9 to submit their coalition agreements.
- 2:00 pm Facebook says it is ready to partner with the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) to delete parody accounts and fake news ahead of August polls.
- 1:20 pm The Kenya African National Union (KANU) party opens nomination application process, which will run to March, 20.
- 12:21 pm US Government assures DP Ruto that it will work with Kenya to ensure free and fair elections.
- 12:04 pm ODM dismisses DP Ruto's election rigging claims.
- 10:00 am Bahati MP Kimani Ngunjiri says Kenyans should elect good leaders on August 8 polls or persevere their choice of leadership until 2027.
- 9:25 am Nyeri Archbishop Anthony Muheria cautions clergy against treating some politicians as God's anointed leaders.
- 8:04 am Makueni Governor Prof. Kivutha Kibwana hits back at Wiper Democratic Movement Party leader, Kalonzo Musyoka, claiming that the former Vice President is overrated.
Kenyans.co.ke © 2022 All Rights Reserved