McDonald's to Open First Branch in Kenya
US fast-food chain McDonald's is set to open its first restaurant in Kenya within the next six months.
The restaurant will be located at the Total Fuel Station, Dennis Pritt Road in Kilimani, Nairobi.
The move to open a branch in Kenya comes three years after they invited investors to apply to operate a franchise in Nairobi.
[caption caption="McDonald's employees at work"][/caption]
Kenya has in recent years seen a rise in international chains setting up shop, with others such as Subway and Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) rapidly expanding their presence.
The world's second largest fast-food chain has a network of over 36,900 restaurants in over 100 countries.
It is also the world's second-largest private employer, with over 1.5 million employees.
McDonald's serves at least 69 million customers every day.
They announced in March that plans to refranchise 4,000 outlets across the globe were on course.
McDonald’s restaurants are operated by either a franchisee, an affiliate or the corporation itself.
[caption caption="A McDonald's Restaurant"][/caption]
The corporation's revenues are drawn from the rent, royalties, and fees paid by the franchisees, as well as sales in company-operated restaurants.
- October 19, 2018 - 8:14 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 7:13 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 6:14 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 5:47 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 5:07 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 5:27 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 4:15 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 4:13 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 4:12 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 3:38 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 3:15 pm
- October 19, 2018 - 2:19 pm