Mwai Kibaki’s Son Launches OdiBets
Former President Mwai Kibaki’s son Jimmy Kibaki is now the chairman of an all-new betting company in Kenya, OdiBets.
Mathare United Football Club CEO Jecton Obure revealed to Let’s Bet the alliance during a sign up of a sponsorship between his club and the company.
OdiBets is the new entrant into the multi-million betting industry.
The company signed a sponsorship deal with the Football club worth KSh60 million in which they will supply jerseys to the team.
Mr Obure expressed relief stating that the partnership has rescued the team and even increased their chances of performing better at the upcoming Kenya Premier League (KPL).
“This partnership has come at our hour of need. And for sure, it will motivate us for a better show next season,” he noted.
The sponsorship deal spanning three years will also provide the team with training kits, game kits, player and bench team salaries.
The deal was also aimed at the development of grassroots football activities which is a speciality of the club.
The sponsorship deal, in exchange, will see the brand of the betting company displayed on its kits and jersey wears.
Kenyan Government increased betting tax by 15% to include net payments and a section of overall winnings.
- 15 December 2018 - 1:21 pm
- 15 December 2018 - 12:42 pm
- 15 December 2018 - 12:32 pm
- 15 December 2018 - 11:59 am
- 15 December 2018 - 11:31 am
- 15 December 2018 - 10:28 am
- 15 December 2018 - 10:00 am
- 15 December 2018 - 9:22 am
- 15 December 2018 - 8:31 am
- 14 December 2018 - 8:51 pm
- 14 December 2018 - 7:55 pm
- 14 December 2018 - 7:34 pm