Fire Razes Down Leopard Beach Resort
The management of Leopard Beach Hotel in Diani, Kwale County, is counting huge losses caused by a fire that started at around 9.30pm on Sunday.
Confirming the incident, Msambweni OCPD Joseph Chebusit stated that no injuries were reported.
Authorities believe that the fire was sparked from fireworks on a makuti-thatched cottage during a wedding celebration.
In 2012, another inferno had broken out at the same premises and fortunately, no injuries were reported.
So far, five major fire incidences have been reported in the month of February alone.
On February 2, a fire started in a building called The Promenade on General Mathenge opposite Auto-express off-Ring Road, Parklands.
Two days later, a fire broke out at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT) main campus.
On February 5, another huge inferno was reported in Nairobi's satellite town of Kangemi.
The fire started at Kibagare slum near the flyover on the Loresho side.
In a separate incident, a fire burned down part of Gikomba Market, Nairobi on February 6, 2019.
A team of firefighters contained the fire before it spread to other areas of the populous market.
- 16 February 2019 - 5:25 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 4:49 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 4:27 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 3:46 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 3:06 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 2:46 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 2:30 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 1:56 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 1:44 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 1:01 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 12:20 pm
- 16 February 2019 - 11:46 am