8 Passengers Shot in Samburu
Eight passengers have been shot after their bus was attacked by bandits in Kamanga, Samburu County.
Isiolo Police Commander Charles Onita stated that the bus was heading from Isiolo Town to Merti Town in Isiolo County.
Onita noted that the victims had been rushed to the Isiolo Referral Hospital where they were receiving treatment.
The Police Boss added that police officers from Samburu East Sub-County had launched investigations into the matter.
"The bandits from Samburu County are said to have had the intelligence of a planned raid by raiders from Isiolo County," Onita stated.
[caption caption="A victim of banditry is being cared for at Isiolo Referral Hospital"][/caption]
"They had already surveyed their area, which they intended to attack on Wednesday before boarding the same bus," he added.
In August, three people were killed and others injured after suspected Al Shabaab militants attacked a bus along the Garsen-Lamu Highway.
The three died after gunmen opened fire on the bus belonging to Kipini Raha company.
According to witnesses, the militants shot randomly from the forest before police escorting the vehicle came to the passengers’ rescue.
Coast Regional Coordinator Nelson Marwa called for the bombing of Boni Forest in Lamu to eliminate Al-Shabaab militants hiding in the region.
[caption caption="The Kipini-bound bus attacked by Al Shabaab"][/caption]
- September 20, 2018 - 7:57 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 6:25 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 6:36 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 5:31 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 5:18 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 4:48 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 5:05 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 6:28 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 3:44 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 6:31 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 3:12 pm
- September 20, 2018 - 4:20 pm