Skip to main content
Sat, 28 January 2023
- 9:31 am Wiper Leader Kalonzo Musyoka refutes claims of dumping Azimio la Umoja, says he is fully behind the coalition leader Raila Odinga.
- 8:48 am Sabina Chege endorses DP Rigathi Gachagua as Mt Kenya kingpin, rejects planned Azimio rallies.
- 6:46 am NCIC summons Korogocho MCA, Absalom Odhiambo, over controversial remarks at Kamukunji rally.
Fri, 27 January 2023
- 4:17 pm CA Director General Ezra Chiloba revokes the courier license for the North Rift Luxury Shuttle, Concierge East Africa Limited, Sokwe Deluxe Safaris Limited and Eagle Saints Limited.
- 2:08 pm Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua meets World Bank Country Director Keith Hansen over Ksh248 billion North and NorthEastern Development Initiative (NEDI).
- 1:13 pm President William Ruto directs ICT CS Eliud Owalo to work on a Digital ID like Huduma Namba by the end of the year.
- 12:19 pm Education CS Ezekiel Machogu announces that each grade 7 student will be issued with a textbook in every subject.
- 11:20 am Media Council of Kenya to recall all journalists' accreditation cards after spike in fraudsters.
- 10:34 am COTU SG Francis Atwoli argues that Bill barring employers from calling employees after work hours will lead to the loss of jobs.
- 9:45 am Trade CS Moses Kuria announces government's plan to weed cartels out schools' textbook business.
- 8:36 am Jubilee Sec-Gen Jeremiah Kioni notes that resignation letters from Juliana Cherera and 2 others were deposited at the State House gate since they could not be accepted electronically.
- 7:15 am Government explains that it will set up separate systems to monitor telecommunications companies' activities for maximum tax collection on a daily basis.
Thu, 26 January 2023
- 6:05 pm Gor Mahia asks Azimio Leader Raila Odinga to reschedule Kamukunji rally to allow fans to attend Mashemeji Derby.
- 5:21 pm President William Ruto and Zimbabwean President Emmerson Mnangagwa commit to enhancing diplomatic ties.
- 4:36 pm Court suspends the interdiction of IEBC Deputy CEO Ruth Kulundu after wrongful dismissal.
- 3:50 pm Salaries and Remuneration Commission denounces claims of increasing the allowances of civil servants.
- 3:11 pm Azimio leader Raila Odinga received by PS State Department for Citizen Services Julius Bitok at Immigration office to renew passport.
- 2:48 pm Court upholds election of Kwale Governor Fatma Achani; judge finds no evidence tabled to prove voter bribery claims.
- 2:12 pm Siaya Governor James Orengo launches Ksh75 million bursary in honour of the late Prof George Magoha.
- 1:40 pm Former SRC boss Sarah Serem officially takes over as PostBank board chairperson.
- 12:51 pm Court adjourns the plea taking of Sergeant Ahmed Rashid to February 9, 2023; orders him to undergo mental assessment.
- 12:24 pm Death toll in Kikopey accident rises to seven as two more people succumb to injuries.
- 11:55 am Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua to convene a meeting between Meru Governor Kawira Mwangaza and MCAs.
- 11:26 am Second Lady Pastor Dorcas Rigathi meets a delegation from the police service and prisons; plans rollout of empowerment programme.
- 10:43 am Five people including a child killed in a road accident near Kikopey area on the Nakuru-Gilgil highway.
- 10:16 am President William Ruto holds talks with Morocco’s Prime Minister Aziz Akhannouch; agrees to accelerate and strengthen strategic ties.
- 9:33 am Prof. George Magoha's brother Prof. Richard Alex Nyabera to be buried on Saturday, January 28.
- 8:43 am Parliament flags reports of National Assembly Speaker Moses Wetangula ruling over CBK's regulations on large cash transactions.
- 8:14 am Government set to spend about Ksh40 million for MPs induction in Mombasa.
- 7:24 am Court finds three Kenyans and one foreigner guilty of murder of Venezuelan Ambassador Olga Fonseca in 2012
Kenyans.co.ke © 2023 All Rights Reserved