Police in Limuru were perplexed after a suspected drug dealer found on a farm full of marijuana (bhang) told them that it was God who had ordered him to plant all of it.
Acting on tip-offs from locals, law enforcement officers in the area stormed the farm after tracing the origin of marijuana said to be readily available at nearby centres.
Njoroge Mbugua, the man found in Mirithu Village, however, asserted that God had instructed him to plant and sell marijuana.
He explained that even if the police told him to stop planting, he would go back as it was God who had commanded him, further adding that he had "gone up and come back down".
"He told me to plant bhang and dig for diamonds.
"This is all my work. Even if I stopped, it is God who told me to plant," Mbugua explained.
An officer stated that members of the public had been reluctant to give information on the matter as they feared Mbugua.
Many of the plants sprawling in the area were cut down and carted off.
Mbugua was forced to give the officers a hand in loading his plants into the police vehicles.
He is to be arraigned in court where he is expected to face a litany of drug-related charges.
Here is a video of Njoroge Mbugua courtesy of The Star:
- Listen Up23 November 2020 - 7:58 pm
- Rain Alert23 November 2020 - 7:52 pm
- Innovative23 November 2020 - 7:45 pm
- moving ahead23 November 2020 - 7:16 pm
- Fire Back23 November 2020 - 6:47 pm
- triple tragedy23 November 2020 - 6:24 pm
- update23 November 2020 - 4:52 pm
- Game on23 November 2020 - 5:25 pm
- Changes Tune23 November 2020 - 4:37 pm
- Unfortunate23 November 2020 - 3:42 pm
- Take Caution23 November 2020 - 2:38 pm
- troubling time23 November 2020 - 3:00 pm