Kinoti mentioned that foreign prosecutors will closely work with Kenyan detectives in serious crimes that require forensic evidence.
The two issued the statement on Tuesday after conducting a benchmarking tour of the BKA Forensic Laboratory in Germany.
BKA is Germany's National Central Bureau of the International Criminal Police Organisation - popularly known as Interpol.
BKA Vice President Michael Kretschmer and his team were present at the meeting.
Forensic scientists collect, preserve, and analyse scientific evidence in the course of an investigation.
In 2017, IG Joseph Boinnet stated that a new police forensic laboratory was under construction.
Cases that are handled at the lab for forensics include rape and human fluid examinations.
He went further on to indicate the major challenge the police service has gone through is dealing with evidence and the lack of a lab force.
This, in turn, forces them to procure for the services elsewhere.
- update16 January 2021 - 3:13 pm
- nairobbery16 January 2021 - 3:12 pm
- notice16 January 2021 - 2:26 pm
- Justice corridors16 January 2021 - 1:46 pm
- rogue riders16 January 2021 - 1:11 pm
- Afro Cinema!16 January 2021 - 12:17 pm
- details16 January 2021 - 12:29 pm
- crossing the line?16 January 2021 - 12:47 pm
- talented16 January 2021 - 11:50 am
- stranded16 January 2021 - 11:40 am
- new year new job16 January 2021 - 11:21 am
- Tough Year16 January 2021 - 11:05 am