Kenyans.co.ke has come across video footage of a Kenyan man stranded in the United Kingdom (UK) begging for help from passersby along Luton street.
According to the video posted by Bancy Wairimu Mbui on her social media, the man identifies himself as Dan Mutungi and claims that he has been in the UK since 1992.
When probed about where he hails from in Kenya, Mutugi reveals that he is a Kamba from Machakos and that his mother died but his father lives in the county. He, however, doesn't disclose how he got to the UK.
He further indicates that he was previously engaged in drug abuse but has since reformed.
"In five years, I have not used any drugs," he comments.
He goes on to reveal that he has never travelled back to Kenya because he lost his passport.
He begged Mbui for £10 (Ksh1,295) but she insisted she did not have the money and could not offer him shelter directing him to government officials instead.
An article published on the Luton Today on December 16, 2016, stated that Mutungi was once fined £165 (Ksh21,381) for begging.
“Daniel Mutungi of Noah’s Enterprise in Park Street was caught begging for alms in a passageway in George Street, Luton on July 12. He was charged partly under the 1824 Vagrancy Act. He must pay £50 plus £85 court costs and £30 victim services charge after being found guilty in his absence at Luton Magistrates on December 6,” the article read in part.
Mbui has called on President Uhuru Kenyatta to intervene and help Mutugi find shelter and food. She is also appealing to relevant authorities to help him return back home to his family.
- Imageshots fired10 April 2020 - 10:03 am
- Imagehidden agenda?10 April 2020 - 10:07 am
- ImageAnother One10 April 2020 - 9:56 am
- Imagegreenlight10 April 2020 - 9:11 am
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm