Nominated Senator, Isaac Mwaura, caused a stir at the Milimani Law Courts in Nairobi, on Monday afternoon.
This was after he arrived in haste, in order to bail out his wife, Nelius Mukami, who had been arrested earlier on for traffic offences.
Her charge sheet revealed that she had been arrested for driving without a valid driving licence, as well as driving a vehicle bearing an expired insurance cover.
"On Monday, August 19 Nelius Mukami was driving a motor vehicle, Toyota Prado, on a public road namely, Globe roundabout, was without insurance against third party risk," an excerpt of the charge sheet disclosed.
Ms Mukami appeared before Milimani Traffic Court magistrate Electer Rianyu, who read out her various charges, as per the police report.
She pleaded guilty to both charges before the court, going on to plead for leniency.
Consequently, the court ordered her to pay a fine of Ksh 20,000 or serve a month jail term for driving without insurance cover.
On the other hand, she was ordered to pay a fine of Ksh 1,000 for her other offence of operating a vehicle without a valid driving licence.
Senator Mwaura reportedly made it just time to hear out the rulings, with eyewitnesses claiming he hustled and bustled about in a frantic mood, seeking to see ensure that his wife would not spend a cold night in jail.
The two captured the nations' headlines back during the elegant wedding on June 26, 2015.
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm
- ImageBy the Bullet27 February 2020 - 1:43 pm
- Imagebig brother27 February 2020 - 1:46 pm