Nominated Senator, Isaac Mwaura, caused a stir at the Milimani Law Courts in Nairobi, on Monday afternoon.
This was after he arrived in haste, in order to bail out his wife, Nelius Mukami, who had been arrested earlier on for traffic offences.
Her charge sheet revealed that she had been arrested for driving without a valid driving licence, as well as driving a vehicle bearing an expired insurance cover.
"On Monday, August 19 Nelius Mukami was driving a motor vehicle, Toyota Prado, on a public road namely, Globe roundabout, was without insurance against third party risk," an excerpt of the charge sheet disclosed.
Ms Mukami appeared before Milimani Traffic Court magistrate Electer Rianyu, who read out her various charges, as per the police report.
She pleaded guilty to both charges before the court, going on to plead for leniency.
Consequently, the court ordered her to pay a fine of Ksh 20,000 or serve a month jail term for driving without insurance cover.
On the other hand, she was ordered to pay a fine of Ksh 1,000 for her other offence of operating a vehicle without a valid driving licence.
Senator Mwaura reportedly made it just time to hear out the rulings, with eyewitnesses claiming he hustled and bustled about in a frantic mood, seeking to see ensure that his wife would not spend a cold night in jail.
The two captured the nations' headlines back during the elegant wedding on June 26, 2015.
- Ill-Fated5 July 2020 - 1:01 pm
- busted5 July 2020 - 12:40 pm
- A-Team5 July 2020 - 12:24 pm
- Tragic5 July 2020 - 12:14 pm
- Outsmarted5 July 2020 - 12:10 pm
- latest5 July 2020 - 11:57 am
- Hit Back5 July 2020 - 11:18 am
- gifted5 July 2020 - 10:20 am
- Baptism By Fire5 July 2020 - 10:29 am
- Lucrative5 July 2020 - 9:20 am
- desperate5 July 2020 - 9:06 am
- Overlooked5 July 2020 - 8:59 am