On Saturday, during the funeral of the late John De Mathew, former Jubilee Vice Chairman, David Murathe, presented two CVs to President Uhuru Kenyatta.
While being introduced by former Kiambu Governor, William Kabogo, Murathe issued an A4 brown envelope to the president, containing the CVs of De Mathew's daughters.
After Kabogo finished his speech, he went to sit and just before doing so, he was reminded of something he had forgotten about.
"I have CV's belonging to two of De' Mathew's daughters that I will hand to the president," Kabogo divulged.
He also noted that he was willing to help one of the children.
"Apologies but if I sit without saying this I will be in trouble. I have with me two close friends of De Mathew and have helped in the burial committee. David Murathe and Peter Kenneth," the former Kiambu boss spoke.
The former Jubilee vice chair rose from his seat and Kabogo stated, "He has with him CVs and I know you are very close."
Murathe later headed to the podium, where he gave his tribute to the late Benga musician, as the president was left looking for his spectacles and perusing through the papers.
"The work De' Matthew and I have done will not stop. He went to roadshows and spoke to the youth on alcohol. Before he passed on, we had decided that we would talk to the president on continuing with the work," Murathe divulged.
President Kenyatta the former Jubilee boss enjoy a close relationship even after he resigned from the ruling party.
Kameme TV presenter Njogu wa Njoroge had disclosed, during the week, that he was the one who informed Uhuru about the death of De Mathew, at 11pm.
After ascertaining that what Njogu was telling him was true, the president's first action was to wake Murathe and break the sad news to him.
The popular benga musician died in a road crash along the Thika Superhighway.
He was headed home after attending a fundraiser for fellow musician, Peter Kagia’s ailing child. He was pronounced dead on arrival at Thika Nursing Home.
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm
- ImageBy the Bullet27 February 2020 - 1:43 pm
- Imagebig brother27 February 2020 - 1:46 pm
- ImageGive Up27 February 2020 - 1:03 pm