Nairobi County Speaker Beatrice Elachi, on Wednesday, October 9, cried out claiming that her life was in danger and even identified a lawmaker apparently responsible for her fears.
Speaking amidst the chaos to unseat her hours after she came resumed office, Elachi claimed that there was a plan to kill her overseen by Nairobi majority leader Abdi Guyo.
She went as far as stating that if anything ever happened to her, her family would be notified and go after him adding that the plan was all in the open.
"We were just seated and the majority leader walked in with a group of many people then they just started breaking everything. Since they wanted to beat me, they threw teargas to confuse us.
"In the morning he had said, 'If midday comes and we have not thrown Elachi out, it is going to be very wrong,'" stated Elachi.
"I want to tell the majority leader that everyone knows, and I had said in the morning, if I die today, my family must take the majority leader as responsible," she continued.
Drama ensued at City Hall on Wednesday, October 9, as MCAs stuck to their guns insisting that embattled Nairobi County Speaker Beatrice Elachi should vacate from office.
The embattled speaker had earlier on made a forceful comeback to office, reclaiming her seat with a special message to Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko.
Violence broke soon after Elachi took over accompanied by a group of youths.
Elachi locked herself in the office, leaving the group of MCAs outside where they clashed with those supporting her return.
- buried hatchet1 June 2020 - 4:22 pm
- costly outing1 June 2020 - 3:48 pm
- congratulations1 June 2020 - 3:43 pm
- Almost normal1 June 2020 - 2:54 pm
- past lessons1 June 2020 - 2:32 pm
- extra-judicial1 June 2020 - 2:08 pm
- Score card1 June 2020 - 1:50 pm
- here's Why1 June 2020 - 1:06 pm
- Spotted1 June 2020 - 12:09 pm
- in person1 June 2020 - 12:04 pm
- Punishment1 June 2020 - 11:37 am
- Anticipations1 June 2020 - 11:38 am