ODM MPs Otiende Amollo and Samwel Atandi on Sunday, October 20, called out Deputy President William Ruto over his reluctance to support the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI), Citizen Digital reported.
Amollo spoke at Nyakongo Primary School during the Sunday Mashujaa Day celebrations where he reiterated that the BBI was a brainchild of President Uhuru Kenyatta and ODM leader Raila Odinga and was driven towards a better future for the country.
“If the President of the Republic of Kenya said BBI is a good initiative and must pass, who are you as the deputy to come and contradict him? We will endorse and pass the BBI,” the legislator stated.
“We want a future that is bright for this country, and in that future, after 56 years, we will also be part of that government together with the rest of Kenyans so that we sustain peace and development. This is not intended to exclude anyone.” He added.
On Friday, October 18, DP Ruto took to Twitter to caution that those 'working hard to create new fault lines using the BBI' would fail miserably.
Alego/Usenge MP Samwel Atandi urged Kenyans to contemplate on ways to embrace the BBI report even before its official presentation.
“We are going to begin the process of rolling out the BBI outcome. And therefore, our people, the people of Nyanza who support His Excellency Raila Amollo Odinga, we must begin to think of how we’re going to embrace and adopt the BBI program,” Atandi stated.
The legislator went on to add: “I want to encourage leaders that this is not the moment for us to encourage political competition; this is also not the moment for us to begin to practice cheap village politics. Let us not undermine each other; let us work together and ensure that when this begins we are in one accord.”
While attending the Mashujaa day celebrations on October 20 at the Mama Ngina Waterfront in Mombasa, the DP ducked an invitation by Mombasa Governor Ali Hassan Joho to make clear his support for the BBI.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm