In the rant recorded in a video posted by the Daily Nation on social media on Wednesday, October 30, Christine Wamalwa passionately expressed her displeasure at what she interpreted to be the misuse of public funds.
"I have heard in the media that Uhuru Kenyatta has gone on 31 trips. I want to ask him today now that he is in Saudi Arabia, how are his trips are helping Kenyans?" Wamalwa asked.
Wamalwa opined that President Uhuru's upbringing blinded him from the troubles of everyday Kenyans.
"How are those trips helping the everyday Kenyan who sleeps hungry? You know Uhuru Kenyatta has never slept on an empty stomach.
She also delved into the critical matter of the prohibitive cost of cancer treatment in Kenya and how the president seemed not to take it as a priority.
"Those trips are not helping, sit down and build cancer centres in the 47 counties because it is killing many citizens," she urged.
"We are selling lands while he continues to borrow money to go on expensive trips to Saudi Arabia," she added.
This came after Uhuru left the country to Saudi Arabia for bilateral talks with the Kingdom's leadership.
According to The Standard on Tuesday, October 29, Uhuru was expected in Riyadh late in the night after his flight left Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) for Saudi Arabia.
The president had also just come from another two trips with one happening in Japan and the other taking place in Sochi, Russia.
Below is the video courtesy of Daily Nation:
- next level25 May 2020 - 1:50 pm
- Extreme Measures25 May 2020 - 1:03 pm
- coming clean25 May 2020 - 12:40 pm
- winning25 May 2020 - 11:48 am
- Head On25 May 2020 - 11:08 am
- Vaccine25 May 2020 - 10:59 am
- Saddening25 May 2020 - 10:07 am
- helping hand25 May 2020 - 9:55 am
- Poisoned25 May 2020 - 8:50 am
- heated25 May 2020 - 8:20 am
- baby fever25 May 2020 - 7:19 am
- Hit Hard25 May 2020 - 7:35 am