Deputy President William Ruto, on Sunday, December 15, sent out a warning to all Jubilee Party leaders regarding the wrangles within their outfit.
Speaking during a church service at the Chepngobop Methodist Church. Kericho County, the DP called for the end of wrangling within the party disclosing that it was time all leaders preached peace.
He further noted that only the media benefits from the infighting.
"I want to ask all the Jubilee leaders to go back to the ideals which informed the formation of the party. We no longer want to hear the bickering and confrontational politics. We want to find a way of uniting all Kenyans.
"We no longer want to give the press fodder to fill pages with claims that Jubilee is divided here and there. All Jubilee leaders must stop grumbling," he stated.
He further noted that he has learned quite a tone from his past political experiences especially from the International Criminal Court (ICC) case.
“They tried to crucify me through trumped-up charges at the International Criminal Court (ICC) but I decided to pray instead.
"This was in order to move the country forward and remove hatred and tribal politics and for the last seven years. God had been faithful to me," he continued.
Ruto's comments came at a time when the party was seemingly divided in the middle with two factions, teams Kieleweke and Tangatanga.
A number of lawmakers allied to the DP had claimed that the fight against corruption was targeted against them with the aim of stopping Ruto's ascendancy to the top seat.
Ruto was accompanied to the event by Kericho Governor Paul Chepkwony together with Belgut MP Nelson Koech and his Ainamoi counterpart Sylvanus Maritim.
- Outcry1 October 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Power play1 October 2020 - 2:22 pm
- facts1 October 2020 - 2:22 pm
- Listen Up1 October 2020 - 1:57 pm
- destroyed1 October 2020 - 1:39 pm
- god's plan1 October 2020 - 12:37 pm
- making a living1 October 2020 - 12:27 pm
- Nerve-wracking1 October 2020 - 12:27 pm
- Alert1 October 2020 - 11:48 am
- Outcry1 October 2020 - 11:35 am
- unfortunate1 October 2020 - 10:47 am
- Exposed1 October 2020 - 10:44 am