A man from Kerugoya has surprised netizens after he committed suicide in a hospital bathroom despite being rescued following his first attempt.
According to a report by Citizen Digital, the forty-year-old, identified as Solomon Murage, took his own life on Thursday, January 2, 2020, while at Kerugoya Referral Hospital in Kirinyaga County.
Kirinyaga Central Sub-county Police Commander Doreen Oduor stated that the deceased had been rushed to the health facility after he was rescued from his home, where he had amputated his left arm in an attempt to end his life.
According to the police, Solomon had attempted to detach his arm even after the doctors had re-attached it.
Statements presented by a medic revealed that the victim had opted to hang himself in the hospital's bathroom using what was described as a medical intravenous kit.
Earlier in December 2019, another middle-aged man identified as Lameck Muhia left Murang'a residents in shock after committing suicide on Sunday, December 29.
Murang'a County Referral Hospital Medical Superintendent, Leonard Gikera, informed journalists that Muhia and had been recovering from effects of the poison he had previously consumed. He then hanged himself at the health facility.
Residents in Bomet also recovered the body of a 31-year-old man who took his own life after he was reported to have had a quarrel with his wife on Tuesday, December 31, 2019, in Nyaururu Village, Bomet County.
According to area Chief Stanley Towett, his body was found dangling from the roof inside the house where he lived alone.
The man's body was taken to Longisa County Mortuary after which his wife was also admitted at the Longisa Hospital upon hearing the news.
- Take Note20 January 2021 - 11:24 am
- Ultimatum20 January 2021 - 11:05 am
- dream turn nightmare20 January 2021 - 10:32 am
- Developments20 January 2021 - 11:41 am
- Impunity20 January 2021 - 9:57 am
- revealed20 January 2021 - 9:19 am
- Revealed20 January 2021 - 8:27 am
- Dilemma20 January 2021 - 8:03 am
- Choices20 January 2021 - 7:23 am
- On the Spot19 January 2021 - 7:59 pm
- Not Here19 January 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Covid-19 Update19 January 2021 - 6:45 pm