Citizen TV broadcast equipment was on Wednesday, February 12, confiscated by the Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) soldiers at the Kabarak Airstrip.
One of the station's correspondents told Kenyans.co.ke that they were left stranded for a few minutes after their cameras and Live-U kits were seized.
The broadcaster was forced to use a drone and live feed from KTN News, which aired exclusive footage of the late Mzee Daniel Toroitich Arap Moi's body arriving at the Kabarak Airstrip.
However, the station's broadcast resumed coverage of the requiem mass that was held at Kabarak University grounds.
On Friday, February 7, the family of the late president announced that the burial service at his Kabarak home would be private.
In addition, the family stated that only KTN News would be allowed to access his Kabarnet home, Nairobi.
Regarding the National Prayer Service that took place on Tuesday, February 10, at Nyayo Stadium, the government had announced that only a few media houses would be allowed to cover the service, raising an uproar from a section of journalists.
"Only four accredited production units to cover the proceedings. These production units are; KTN, KBC, Ministry of Defence and the joint production team.
"It is only the crew and equipment of the four production units that shall be allowed into Nyayo National Stadium," read an excerpt of a statement from Government Spokesperson Cyrus Oguna.
The statement did not sit well with journalists who had already been accredited to take part in the coverage, forcing the government to change it's stand.
"Clarification: Media coverage at the National Prayer Service for former President Moi - Citizen TV, NTV, K24 to shoot," Oguna clarified on his Twitter page.
- Power play23 September 2020 - 8:34 am
- Commanded23 September 2020 - 8:28 am
- get out23 September 2020 - 7:24 am
- Embattled23 September 2020 - 7:21 am
- Take off22 September 2020 - 8:13 pm
- blame game22 September 2020 - 8:09 pm
- Tragic22 September 2020 - 7:50 pm
- home is best22 September 2020 - 7:02 pm
- More Donations22 September 2020 - 6:58 pm
- sold out22 September 2020 - 6:00 pm
- go thee well22 September 2020 - 5:50 pm
- Be Warned22 September 2020 - 5:37 pm