The Government is set to issue bars with new rules to curb the spread of Covid-19 in the establishments.
Part of the new guidelines will require bars to employ a Covid-19 liaison officer who will act as a link between the Government and the establishments.
The officers will be tasked with restricting the number of revellers in a bar to comply with the Ministry of Health Covid-19 protocols on social distancing.Revellers in a club.
They will also be required to report any suspected case of Covid-19 either among the staff or revellers in the regulations that are yet to be gazetted.
"Every establishment shall appoint and adequately train a Covid-19 liaison officer.
"The liaison officer shall be the point of contact with the Ministry of Health, Sub County Liquor Licensing Committee and other sector players keep abreast of the emerging health, safety and hygiene information and preventive measures related to Covid-19," read part of the regulations.
The Government is also yet to come up with the Covid-19 code of conduct to tighten the regulations for bars.
In the new rules, bars will be required to close dance floors and minimize contact between staff and revellers.
Designated waiting and collection areas for goods and customers will be required to be spacious to contain the spread of Covid-19.
Bars will also be required to display signage to show that a maximum number of drinkers has been achieved on the premises.
According to data from the National Police Service on the first weekend, after bar operations resumed locally, 60 lives were lost in drunk-driving incidents.Revellers in a bar.
- Don't try me!16 January 2021 - 5:50 pm
- tear into16 January 2021 - 4:55 pm
- be cautious16 January 2021 - 4:18 pm
- hide 'n seek16 January 2021 - 4:31 pm
- update16 January 2021 - 3:13 pm
- nairobbery16 January 2021 - 3:12 pm
- notice16 January 2021 - 2:26 pm
- Justice corridors16 January 2021 - 1:46 pm
- rogue riders16 January 2021 - 1:11 pm
- Afro Cinema!16 January 2021 - 12:17 pm
- details16 January 2021 - 12:29 pm
- crossing the line?16 January 2021 - 12:47 pm