Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) has opened applications for five Open University courses.
The application which began on Friday, September 15, is available for all Kenyans who have at least sat for the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examinations or done other courses.
They must also have a minimum of two (2) principal passes in the KCSE English and Mathematics among other subjects.
To apply, applicants must visit the KUCCPS website and create an account. They must then upload their academic transcripts, KCSE certificate, and other supporting documents.
The five course enlisted on KUCCPS portal include Bachelor of Technology Education which costs around Ksh115,000 per year while Bachelor of Economics and Statistics costs Ksh105,000 annually.
KUCCPS has also listed Bachelor of Business and Entrepreneurship, Bachelor of Data Science and Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security and Digital Forensics which costs Ksh105,000 per year.
The selected applicants will be enrolled in the Open University of Kenya (OU). The OU is a distance learning university that offers a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
The courses are taught by qualified lecturers and the learning materials are delivered through a variety of media, including print, audio, and video.
Here are the steps on how to apply for Open University Courses on KUCCPS:
1. Visit the KUCCPS website and create an account.
2. Login to your account and click on the "Apply for Courses" tab.
3. Select the "Open University Courses" option.
4. Select the course you want to apply for.
5. Upload your academic transcripts, KCSE certificate, and other supporting documents.
6. Click on the "Submit Application" button.
Here are the requirements for applying for Open University Courses on KUCCPS:
1. Be a Kenyan citizen.
2. Have a minimum of a KCSE grade or you have done other courses.