Conflicts Being Experienced in Laikipia is a Result of Drought - Laikipia North MP Mathew Lempurkel Tells UK Government
Laikipia North MP Mathew Lempurkel, who was arrested on Tuesday on grounds of inciting the public, has told the British government that the conflicts in Laikipia are as a result of drought due to global warming.
Speaking to his supporters after he was released on Wednesday evening, Mr Lempurkel termed the message as special and directed it to the world and the UK government.
The MP also sent a condolence message to the family of Tristan Voorspruy, a billionaire who was murdered in Kenya last weekend.
The legislator also claimed that the Jubilee administration was trying to sabotage him because of the increasing supporters of the Orange Party in Laikipia.
The MP was released on a cash bail of Sh200,000 after being represented by lawyer James Orengo. The MP was linked to the murder of Mr Voorspruy and also incitement charges.
“We regret that Mathew had to spend the night behind bars, we are ready to defend him everywhere and come the next general election, Mathew will be very important,” Mr Orengo apologised after his release.
Supporters of Mr Lempurkel on Wednesday stormed the Nanyuki law courts demanding his immediate release before police moved in and restored order.
- 12 December 2019 - 8:06 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 8:19 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 7:56 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 7:28 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 6:44 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 6:19 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 5:47 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 4:26 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 5:29 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 4:52 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 4:28 pm
- 12 December 2019 - 3:37 pm