The Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) on Tuesday released a list of 15 filling stations across the country alleged to have violated laid down regulations.
According to ERC, the stations were found guilty of mixing petrol with kerosene and selling to unsuspecting customers.
Motorists were urged to shun the stations as their licences had also been revoked with immediate effect.
The decision came after the commission concluded tests in petrol stations across the country.
In a statement sent to newsrooms, ERC said that during the period between March and May 2016, a total of 4,532 tests were carried out in 823 petroleum outlets.
The blacklisted stations were required to upgrade the adulterated petroleum where applicable, and pay penalties and taxes prescribed in order to resume business.
Some of the previous offenders parted with up to Sh2 Million in fines.
Here are the stations;
1. Avis Energy filling station - Machakos
2. Patoil filling stations - Machakos
3. Mukaa filling station - Makueni
4. Sunrise filling station - Nairobi
5. Maxis Oil Service - Nairobi
6. Kobil Kiembeni - Murang'a
7. Nana filling station - Busia
8. Lagos filing station - Kilifi
9. Digital filling station - Meru
10. Hass Eldoret service station - Uasin Gishu
11. The ambassador filling station - Kirinyaga
12. Total Mwingi service station - Kitui
13. Mogas Kitale sevice station - Trans Nzoia
14. Kobil Uganda road Eldoret service station - Uasin Gishu
15. Rogmer filling station - Merususpect
- Tough times5 February 2023 - 8:38 pm
- Unbothered5 February 2023 - 7:38 pm
- Unlawful5 February 2023 - 6:31 pm
- Victory5 February 2023 - 7:56 pm
- Be Careful5 February 2023 - 7:19 pm
- Journey5 February 2023 - 6:51 pm
- CREDITS5 February 2023 - 5:55 pm
- Lanes5 February 2023 - 3:41 pm
- Accident5 February 2023 - 4:41 pm
- take note5 February 2023 - 3:30 pm
- Thirsty Days Ahead5 February 2023 - 4:17 pm
- Strategy5 February 2023 - 3:01 pm