President Uhuru Kenyatta's Jubilee Party has reportedly contracted the services of a data mining company that played a crucial role in helping United States President Donald Trump win in the American elections.
Cambridge Analytica (CA), described as a 'psychological warfare firm', helped Trump during his 2016 campaigns for the Presidency and has supported more than 100 campaigns worldwide.
The Guardian reports that the data mining company employs senior ex-army officers experienced in psychological warfare.
It is believed that Jubilee made the move to ensure that its campaigns ahead of the elections were well coordinated, leaving no room for error.
The Star quotes a "well-placed source" at State House as revealing that Cambridge Analytica sent a delegation to Kenya over the weekend to find out what voters believe the current regime has not done and what it should do if elected for a second term.
CA often targets undecided voters in a particular region and bombards them with social media posts and advertisements to convince them to vote for a particular candidate.
Jubilee will also incorporate the services of British firm BTP Advisers, a firm that managed The National Alliance Party (TNA) campaigns in 2013, leading to Kenyatta's victory in the elections.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, Senior Director of Innovation and Digital Communication in the Office of the President of the Republic of Kenya Dennis Itumbi rubbished those allegations saying Kenyatta had enough talent at his disposal to conduct successful campaigns and did not need to outsource.
He termed the allegations as, "phantom with no basis at all."
- tragedy20 September 2021 - 10:28 pm
- CONTINENTAL GIANT20 September 2021 - 7:10 pm
- FACE OFF20 September 2021 - 6:28 pm
- Revealed20 September 2021 - 5:52 pm
- Voice of the Mountain20 September 2021 - 5:30 pm
- DIRECTIVE20 September 2021 - 4:11 pm
- RESCUED20 September 2021 - 3:28 pm
- Next phase20 September 2021 - 2:16 pm
- Change of tact20 September 2021 - 1:24 pm
- Interruptions20 September 2021 - 12:53 pm
- Congrats20 September 2021 - 1:05 pm
- SHOCKING20 September 2021 - 12:45 pm