There is no denying that Kenya is a beautiful country with a lot of physical attractions, let alone a rich cultural heritage.
While most Kenyans may believe they know everything about their country, many miss out on some interesting facts that include:
1. Elizabeth Became Queen While in Kenya
When King George VI passed on Princess Elizabeth was touring Kenya and resided at "The Treetops Hotel' with her husband Prince Philip.
Even though Elizabeth travelled back to England she became Queen while still in Kenya.
2. Kenya has played host to 8 top blockbuster films
You may have never known this but Kenya has been host to some of the most renowned film shoots.
Here are some of the most famous movies shot on location in Kenya.
Out Of Africa, King Solomon’s Mines, Nowhere in Africa, The Constant Gardener, To Walk With Lions, Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life, The Ghost and the Darkness and Mississippi Masala
3. You can swim with dolphins in Kenya
In the Coastal region of Mombasa, in Watamu, you can swim with dolphins as they swim up and real close to the surface.
The dolphins are, however, wild and do not offer a chance to pet around with.
4. Kenya is old and has the scars to show it
Kenya is credited with discoveries of palaeolithic remains in Turkana that made scientists believe that Kenya might just have been the birthplace for humanity.
5. Kenya is a peace loving nation with a very strong army
The post-election violence of 2007 tinted Kenya's image. The country is, however, known to be a peaceful country with no civil war.
Kenya's army is also known to be very strong as it is ranked 46th in the world and number six in Africa.
- RIP6 May 2021 - 11:50 am
- businessman6 May 2021 - 12:17 pm
- frustrations6 May 2021 - 12:24 pm
- Triumph6 May 2021 - 11:32 am
- Opposed6 May 2021 - 10:23 am
- Reprieve6 May 2021 - 9:40 am
- On the Spot6 May 2021 - 8:55 am
- dedication6 May 2021 - 9:25 am
- corridors of justice6 May 2021 - 8:06 am
- Revealed6 May 2021 - 7:38 am
- Revealed5 May 2021 - 8:08 pm
- details5 May 2021 - 7:27 pm