IEBC Chairperson Wafula Chebukati cleared the duo after they met all the requirements set by the elections body.
"I Wafula Chebuakati clear Raila Odinga and Kalonzo Musyoka to vie for Presidency and Deputy Presidency," the chair stated.
The National Super Alliance (NASA) flagbearer on his part thanked IEBC for processing and approving their documents. He also assured the Commission that his team would conduct peaceful campaigns.
NASA deputy flagbearer on his part asked the Commission to ensure that there was a level playing field for all candidates ahead of the elections.
The former premier becomes the second candidate to be cleared to run for the presidency after Third Way Alliance presidential candidate Ekuru Aukot was given the nod in the morning.
President Uhuru Kenyatta will submit his papers on Monday for clearance by the Commission.
- EXPLAINED2 December 2022 - 8:02 pm
- Changes2 December 2022 - 6:34 pm
- Fairy Tale2 December 2022 - 7:40 pm
- Quit2 December 2022 - 6:20 pm
- Accolades2 December 2022 - 7:53 pm
- Staff purge2 December 2022 - 6:04 pm
- delight2 December 2022 - 5:27 pm
- Crash2 December 2022 - 5:23 pm
- DISAPPOINTMENT2 December 2022 - 5:15 pm
- Partnership2 December 2022 - 5:05 pm
- Strategy2 December 2022 - 4:40 pm
- Struck Out2 December 2022 - 4:31 pm