Residents of Gikingi location, Nyandarua County, are reeling in shock after a woman beat up and hanged her four-year-old daughter.
According to area chief Mary Njoroge, the woman, Cecilia Wangeci, allegedly hanged her daughter from the roof of their bedroom after beating her up badly.
Njoroge stated that neighbors discovered the body of the four-year-old after the suspect confided to a neighbor that she had killed the child.
"What pains us so much is how she got the courage to put a rope around her child's neck even after beating her," Njoroge stated.
The neighbor identified as Damba stated that Wangeci told her what she had done and she rushed to the homestead to check on the child.
She called her name several times but received no response.
She later found the girl dangling from the roof and alerted neighbors who called the police.
It took the intervention of the police to rescue the woman from irate villagers who were baying for her blood.
The angry neighbors claimed that the woman had a habit of beating up the girl mercilessly.
The child’s body was taken to the mortuary by the police while the suspect was taken to Oljoro Orok police station.
Police are investigating the matter.arrest killed suspect suicide
- Shocking2 October 2022 - 8:18 pm
- Testimony2 October 2022 - 8:19 pm
- Divulged2 October 2022 - 7:19 pm
- Partnership2 October 2022 - 6:25 pm
- Money Maker2 October 2022 - 4:57 pm
- Loyalty2 October 2022 - 3:58 pm
- CRACK DOWN2 October 2022 - 3:33 pm
- Scaling heights2 October 2022 - 3:01 pm
- Cheerful Giver2 October 2022 - 2:13 pm
- Milestone2 October 2022 - 1:44 pm
- Drug Abuse2 October 2022 - 2:10 pm
- Sad2 October 2022 - 12:21 pm