The Kenya Director of Medical Services, Dr. Ncholas Muraguri, has dispatched a team of medical experts to investigate the death of 2 young children, moments after receiving measles immunization in Marakwet-East, Elgeyo-Marakwet County.
The two infants aged 9 months were on Tuesday confirmed dead, while at least 7 others were left in critical condition after receiving the vaccine.
The incident which happened amid an ongoing immunization campaign in the area saw the exercise called off immediately, as hundreds of parents rushed their children, who had been immunized for the same, back to hospital.
County Executive Committee Member for Health in Elgeyo-Marakwet, Thomas Rutto, absolved the medics from medical negligence saying the deaths were as a result of the vaccines.
This is the latest incident where vaccinations have gone wrong.
In July, a near similar incident occurred at Akichelesit Dispensary in Teso North, Busia County, where 18 children became paralyzed after getting polio vaccination.
- Can't Take it28 February 2021 - 7:00 pm
- worrying28 February 2021 - 6:24 pm
- Take Note28 February 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Surge28 February 2021 - 4:55 pm
- deja vu28 February 2021 - 4:30 pm
- wrangles28 February 2021 - 5:23 pm
- Remarkable28 February 2021 - 4:52 pm
- Filicide28 February 2021 - 4:13 pm
- Intervention28 February 2021 - 3:35 pm
- match day28 February 2021 - 3:10 pm
- Unruly28 February 2021 - 2:23 pm
- Take Note28 February 2021 - 1:58 pm