The Kenya Director of Medical Services, Dr. Ncholas Muraguri, has dispatched a team of medical experts to investigate the death of 2 young children, moments after receiving measles immunization in Marakwet-East, Elgeyo-Marakwet County.
The two infants aged 9 months were on Tuesday confirmed dead, while at least 7 others were left in critical condition after receiving the vaccine.
The incident which happened amid an ongoing immunization campaign in the area saw the exercise called off immediately, as hundreds of parents rushed their children, who had been immunized for the same, back to hospital.
County Executive Committee Member for Health in Elgeyo-Marakwet, Thomas Rutto, absolved the medics from medical negligence saying the deaths were as a result of the vaccines.
This is the latest incident where vaccinations have gone wrong.
In July, a near similar incident occurred at Akichelesit Dispensary in Teso North, Busia County, where 18 children became paralyzed after getting polio vaccination.
- Expert Advice27 September 2020 - 2:43 pm
- Ranked27 September 2020 - 2:30 pm
- unveiled27 September 2020 - 2:16 pm
- Commendable27 September 2020 - 1:24 pm
- people power27 September 2020 - 11:34 am
- Costly Journey27 September 2020 - 11:37 am
- Outed27 September 2020 - 11:09 am
- battle27 September 2020 - 9:59 am
- Tragic27 September 2020 - 9:21 am
- Reckoning27 September 2020 - 8:33 am
- one of a kind27 September 2020 - 7:45 am
- Get Out27 September 2020 - 7:28 am