The bandits sprayed the GK vehicle with bullets killing the two who had hiked a lift from Mosiro center in Kiserian and were heading to Kabarnet town.
Baringo County Police Commandant Peter Ndung’u noted that the deceased were heading to a bank in Kabarnet to collect money under the orphans cash transfer programme.
The deadly attack come at a time the Government has launched a security operation in the area to flush out bandits.
The operation commenced after a directive issued by Deputy President William Ruto.
19 areas were gazetted as highly dangerous and the operation scheduled to take place for 30-days.
Read Also: 19 Most Dangerous Areas in Kenya [FULL LIST]
- Not yet over6 June 2020 - 3:47 pm
- free to move6 June 2020 - 3:37 pm
- Anxious6 June 2020 - 2:40 pm
- smart leader6 June 2020 - 2:56 pm
- unfortunate6 June 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Soaring6 June 2020 - 3:28 pm
- honour6 June 2020 - 2:10 pm
- Insider6 June 2020 - 1:55 pm
- rip6 June 2020 - 1:00 pm
- taking action6 June 2020 - 12:27 pm
- Recorded6 June 2020 - 11:46 am
- tough talk6 June 2020 - 11:34 am