10 construction workers have been rushed to hospital after they were injured following the collapse of the Sigiri Bridge in Budalang'i, Busia County.
The workers were taken to the nearby Port Victoria Hospital having sustained minor injuries.
The Sh1.2 Billion Sigiri Bridge in Budalangi Constituency collapsed Monday morning about two weeks after President Uhuru Kenyatta visited the area to inspect its construction.
It was not immediately clear what caused the collapse, with residents waking up to find one raised section on the ground.
During the inspection of the project, the President expressed satisfaction that the construction of the bridge would prevent deaths and make it easier for people to access hospitals, schools and markets.
“This is a proof that we are honest and deliver on the promises we make. It affirms that we care for your welfare and you will not go wrong by giving us a second term unlike our opponents – who held senior positions in previous regimes but did nothing about this bridge,” President Kenyatta said.
Kenyatta assured Budalangi residents that the Sigiri bridge would be completed by mid July.
The Head of State spoke as he kicked off campaigns for his re-election in Busia County at Port Victoria in Budalangi Constituency, the home turf of Jubilee affiliate Labour Party leader Ababu Namwamba.death
- Wanted Man9 August 2022 - 9:30 pm
- Check Results9 August 2022 - 9:04 pm
- Released9 August 2022 - 9:28 pm
- His Choice9 August 2022 - 7:45 pm
- Explained9 August 2022 - 7:39 pm
- Voter Apathy9 August 2022 - 6:09 pm
- Spotted9 August 2022 - 6:26 pm
- fury9 August 2022 - 5:58 pm
- Working Systems9 August 2022 - 6:07 pm
- Miscommunication9 August 2022 - 5:48 pm
- Human9 August 2022 - 4:31 pm
- Facts9 August 2022 - 4:39 pm