Most politicians are associated with flashy lifestyles, women and alcohol but this was not the case for the late Laikipia Senator Godfrey Gitahi (GG) Kariuki who had a strong dislike for alcohol.
Despite his wealth and fame, Kariuki did not tolerate drunkards around him and this made him clash with some of his friends in the political arena as he often turned down offers for drinks.
It is common for buddies to meet over a drink or 'one for the road' as they call it but the late Kariuki was a firm believer of family virtues that he opted to spend time with his wife.
Having been active in politics for almost 50years, his wife Wairimu attributed his good physical condition to his love for traditional food and staying away from the bottle.
“He never tasted alcohol and dismissed anyone who was a drunk.
He loved traditional foods and that is what he ate until his death,” she said.
Mr Kariuki died at the age of 79 last week at Nairobi Hospital.
His family disclosed that the Laikipia senator had been ailing for the past 18 months and he will be laid to rest at his Rumuruti farm on July 14.
Security officials in Laikipia have confirmed that various leaders led by President Uhuru Kenyatta are expected to attend the burial.
- latest report1 October 2020 - 3:30 pm
- raid1 October 2020 - 3:50 pm
- Outcry1 October 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Power play1 October 2020 - 2:22 pm
- facts1 October 2020 - 2:22 pm
- Listen Up1 October 2020 - 1:57 pm
- New Directives1 October 2020 - 4:18 pm
- destroyed1 October 2020 - 1:39 pm
- god's plan1 October 2020 - 12:37 pm
- making a living1 October 2020 - 12:27 pm
- Nerve-wracking1 October 2020 - 12:27 pm
- Alert1 October 2020 - 11:48 am