National Super Alliance (NASA) flag bearer Raila Odinga has been admitted to hospital in Mombasa.
The Opposition Chief was rushed to hospital Sunday evening after holding a series of rallies in Kilifi County.
Odinga's spokesman, Dennis Onyango, confirmed the details saying: "Yes the NASA presidential candidate has been hospitalized after successful rallies in Kilifi County. We suspect food poisoning".
"We will give more comprehensive updates based on reports from doctors attending to him. Governor Ali Hassan Joho and NASA principals are with Mr. Odinga," he stated.
In a statement to newsrooms, Odinga's adviser Salim Lone noted that the Opposition leader became unwell when he was at the Mombasa International Airport awaiting his flight back to Nairobi.
He added: "Mr Odinga feels quite comfortable and is being examined by a doctor at Mombasa Hospital. The doctor feels that there is absolutely no cause for alarm. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to worry about Mr Odinga’s health.”
“His colleagues with him, including Mr Kalonzo Musyoka, Musalia Mudavadi, Moses Wetangula and Senator James Orengo decided that it was best that a doctor examined him before Mr Odinga took the flight to Nairobi.
Mr Odinga himself felt that there was no need for this but he was persuaded by his colleagues that it was best to not travel at this time.
We will send out another note shortly updating you on Mr Odinga’s plans,” said Lone.
This comes as the second time the former Prime Minister is suffering food poisoning this year.
In March, he was rushed to the Karen Hospital in Nairobi where he was treated for food poisoning.
Raila was taken to the hospital after he complained of stomach ache.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm