22 students were injured while trying to put out the fire and had to be taken to Chuka Sub county hospital where they were treated and discharged.
The fire destroyed property of unknown value leaving in its wake ashes of mattresses, boxes, books and other valuables.
Residents criticized fire fighters whom they claim arrived too late, despite the school being near Chuka town.
Others blamed the school's poor construction design saying the dormitory was inaccessible.
- impressive3 July 2020 - 7:33 pm
- new toy3 July 2020 - 6:48 pm
- unexpected3 July 2020 - 6:42 pm
- banned3 July 2020 - 5:04 pm
- new start3 July 2020 - 3:38 pm
- new record3 July 2020 - 3:29 pm
- Targetted3 July 2020 - 3:18 pm
- finally3 July 2020 - 2:54 pm
- you've been warned3 July 2020 - 2:31 pm
- nabbed3 July 2020 - 2:07 pm
- Seize the Moment3 July 2020 - 1:34 pm
- vandalised3 July 2020 - 1:13 pm