Former TNA Party Secretary-General Onyango Oloo has been elected new Speaker of the Kisumu County Assembly
Mr Oloo garnered 32 votes against Ken Amondi’s 11 votes achieving the required two-third majority in round one.
He was competing against 5 other contestants.
In his acceptance speech, he thanked all those who elected him and congratulated all the MCAs for their election.
He also pledged to work with Opposition Leader Raila Odinga to ensure Kenyans "get to Canaan"
After ditching Jubilee for NASA, Oloo became a close lieutenant of the former Prime Minister, vowing to ensure that Raila becomes the next President.
Oloo, who was seeking to be the next Kisumu Central MP, lost in the ODM Party nominations.
- My Turn22 October 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Exams Plea22 October 2020 - 3:07 pm
- dead end22 October 2020 - 2:45 pm
- level up22 October 2020 - 2:34 pm
- Heartwarming22 October 2020 - 2:25 pm
- in large numbers22 October 2020 - 1:57 pm
- Old is gold22 October 2020 - 1:32 pm
- U-Turn22 October 2020 - 2:09 pm
- mearge22 October 2020 - 1:13 pm
- balling22 October 2020 - 12:50 pm
- Blunder22 October 2020 - 11:26 am
- dire situation22 October 2020 - 11:51 am