High Court Issues New Orders in Peter Munya's Case
The High Court denied the former Governor's request to gain access to result declaration forms used by the IEBC in the county.
In two pleas that were filed as urgent, Munya along with senatorial aspirant Mugambi Imanyara were denied access for having filed their requests in the wrong court.
"The view of this court is that these matters are best pursued at the election court, which we expect to be gazetted by Friday and working by next week," Justice Francis Gikonyo ordered.
Mr Munya got 232,569 votes in the August 8 poll against 281,737 votes garnered by Kiraitu Murungi.
Imanyara, who had 183,723 votes, is challenging the election of Jubilee's Mithika Linturi who had 308,711 votes.
Justice Gikonyo additionally directed the case be mentioned on September 28 and encouraged the petitioners to pursue their applications as soon the election court is set up.
The Judge further passed the same ruling for a petition filed by Buuri PNU parliamentary aspirant Mugambi Angaine (PNU) who is protesting Mugambi Rindikiri's win.
- 9 December 2019 - 7:23 pm
- 9 December 2019 - 8:06 pm
- 9 December 2019 - 6:46 pm
- 9 December 2019 - 5:14 pm
- 9 December 2019 - 5:34 pm
- 9 December 2019 - 5:16 pm
- 9 December 2019 - 4:38 pm
- 9 December 2019 - 4:24 pm
- 9 December 2019 - 3:24 pm
- 9 December 2019 - 2:08 pm
- 9 December 2019 - 2:06 pm
- 9 December 2019 - 4:18 pm