Major Crisis Hits Alfred Mutua’s Party
Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua-led Maendeleo Chap Chap Party has been hit by a major crisis after two MCAs claimed the same post.
Assembly Minority Leader Lenny Masters Mwaniki and his Deputy Newton Kariuki each claimed to be members of the Embu County Service Board.
Mwaniki and Kariuki stated that they obtained different letters from the Party’s headquarters declaring each of them the designated member of the Board.
Mr Kariuki claimed that he had a letter authored by the Party's Secretary-General Fred Nyamu declaring him as Chap Chap’s choice for the post.
Embu Speaker Josiah Thiriku threatened to bar Maendeleo Chap Chap MCAs from the Board over internal party wrangles.
[caption caption="Embu Speaker Josiah Thiriku with Embu Governor Martin Wambora and other leaders"][/caption]
Deputy Speaker Steve Simba urged the Party to address the wrangles before the two other non-House members are appointed.
The board’s mandate is to hire recruitment of county assembly staff, MCAs' welfare and general administration.
It also provides services and facilities to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the County Assembly.
The Speaker acts as the Chairperson of the Board with the Leader of Majority as the Vice-Chairperson.
[caption caption="The Embu County Assembly"][/caption]
- 11 December 2018 - 3:01 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 2:42 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 2:02 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 1:52 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 1:10 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 12:45 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 11:29 am
- 11 December 2018 - 12:30 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 11:55 am
- 11 December 2018 - 11:16 am
- 11 December 2018 - 10:52 am
- 11 December 2018 - 11:12 am