The National Super Alliance (NASA) is set to conduct its inauguration ceremony today at Uhuru Park, Nairobi.
A look at the situation in Nairobi and Kisumu has revealed that most streets in the regions have been deserted with many residents preferring to stay indoors.
In Nairobi, Uhuru Park has been flooded by NASA supporters who have arrived for the inauguration.
[caption caption="Situation at Uhuru Park"][/caption]
The supporters have been engaging in dances and NASA chants as they wait for their leaders.
Outside the residence of the NASA leaders in Karen, there was no much activity.
[caption caption="Situation outside Kalonzo's home"][/caption]
Most of the roads in the city, however, remained deserted with minimal traffic.
In Kisumu, most residents remained indoors with the city center being abandoned.
Meanwhile, Opposition leader Raila Odinga is set to be sworn-in as the People's President at Uhuru Park grounds in an event scheduled to end by 1 pm.
According to reports, there will be a 'short speech by one of the selected members of the people’s assembly' before Odinga takes the oath," followed by Kalonzo Musyoka.
[caption caption="Situation in Kisumu"][/caption]
The Opposition leader will then give a speech on how the coalition will move forward after the ceremony.
More photos from Nairobi and Kisumu:
[caption caption="Uhuru Park "][/caption]
[caption caption="Situation at Nairobi CBD courtesy of KTN News"][/caption]
[caption caption="NASA Supporters along Kenyatta Avenue courtesy of KTN News"][/caption]
[caption caption="Kisumu City Center courtesy of NTV"][/caption]
[caption caption="Situation on Langata road"][/caption]
- Accolades3 December 2022 - 2:20 pm
- Feted3 December 2022 - 1:40 pm
- Cautioned3 December 2022 - 1:54 pm
- STRIFE3 December 2022 - 1:29 pm
- WINNER3 December 2022 - 1:24 pm
- Illegal3 December 2022 - 2:17 pm
- Exciting3 December 2022 - 12:49 pm
- Crowned3 December 2022 - 12:32 pm
- Whip3 December 2022 - 11:54 am
- ACCIDENT3 December 2022 - 11:17 am
- CONFLICT3 December 2022 - 11:04 am
- Highly Ranked3 December 2022 - 10:42 am