Central Organization of Trade Union (COTU) Secretary General Francis Atwoli on Saturday issued a warning to National Assembly Majority leader Aden Duale and Cabinet Secretary CS nominee Ukur Yattani over plans to remove him from the National Social Security Funds (NSSF) board.
He hit out at the two after Duale had asked the CS nominee during the cabinet vetting to confirm whether he will drop the COTU boss alongside Federation of Kenya Employers (FKE) boss Jacqueline Mugo from the board for serving more than two terms of three years.
During the vetting process on Friday at county hall, Yattani who was facing the MPs vetting committee agreed to this.
[caption caption="CS Nominee Ukur Yattani(Twitter)"][/caption]
Atwoli, however, noted that Duale's remarks on NSSF are erroneous and misleading adding that Duale cannot kick him out of the board.
"The unfortunate statement clearly attests to the usual obsession by certain forces in positions of power with the operations of the NSSF," he stated.
In a statement, Atwoli stated that the union takes great exception to the uninformed statement made by Duale.
"It is regrettable that Duale has opted to rely on hearsays and innuendos in his discharge of duties.
"It is even more dangerous that he is the person charged with the responsibility to answer questions in Parliament," he stated.
In 2013, then Labour CS Kazungu Kambi fired Mugo and Atwoli from the board.
[caption caption="Aden Duale(Facebook)"][/caption]
But activist Charles Omanga moved to court to have the two reinstated.
- Inspiring1 February 2023 - 6:17 pm
- The Truth1 February 2023 - 5:35 pm
- Lewd1 February 2023 - 5:10 pm
- Innovative1 February 2023 - 6:07 pm
- Revered1 February 2023 - 5:42 pm
- Boost1 February 2023 - 5:14 pm
- Conceal1 February 2023 - 4:41 pm
- Oppose1 February 2023 - 4:47 pm
- Freedom1 February 2023 - 3:41 pm
- Profile1 February 2023 - 4:15 pm
- On the spot1 February 2023 - 2:55 pm
- Moment's Notice1 February 2023 - 2:41 pm