COTU Secretary General Francis Atwoli and Amani National Congress (ANC) party leader Musalia Mudavadi have made peace.
Following Mudavadi's no-show at Uhuru Park during NASA leader Raila Odinga's 'swearing-in', Atwoli had vowed not to recognise him as the Luhya community spokesperson but he has now softened his stance.
The two leaders met on Sunday at Mr Atwoli’s Khwisero home in Kakamega County in an event that brought together several other leaders from the community.
[caption caption="Musalia Mudavadi and Francis Atwoli on Sunday February 18"][/caption]
Atwoli confirmed that Mudavadi would continue as the Luhya community spokesperson unless he is dethroned by community members.
“We have agreed that Mr Mudavadi will continue to spearhead the Luhya community as its spokesperson," stated Atwoli.
Mudavadi, on the other hand, revealed that he appreciated the criticism he got after the January 30 event as it makes him a better person.
“I like criticism because it makes me understand where I have gone wrong.
“I am in NASA because l know its roots and understand its focus. Let nobody think that our failure to stand together at Uhuru Park changed anything," he reiterated.
Earlier this month, ANC leaders advised Atwoli to summon Mudavadi and correct him where he has erred.
The ANC also chided Atwoli for his remarks and reminded him he has no authority to remove Musalia as Luhya spokesman.
County chairman Julius Arunga stated that Atwoli should have had the courtesy to call Mudavadi and register his displeasure instead of publicly attacking him.
[caption caption="Mudavadi and Atwoli Chat During Sunday's Meeting"][/caption]
- Nabbed11 August 2020 - 8:19 pm
- fiery11 August 2020 - 7:42 pm
- resurfaced11 August 2020 - 7:31 pm
- Social Media Power11 August 2020 - 7:52 pm
- Sailed11 August 2020 - 6:26 pm
- fiery11 August 2020 - 6:10 pm
- against all odds11 August 2020 - 6:20 pm
- Full Guide11 August 2020 - 6:44 pm
- I dare you11 August 2020 - 5:37 pm
- latest11 August 2020 - 4:28 pm
- razed11 August 2020 - 3:58 pm
- new team11 August 2020 - 4:11 pm