Chief Justice David Maraga has been given the role of issuing a keynote lecture at the Havard Law School in Cambridge, Massachusetts, during the 9th African Annual Development Conference on Friday.
He will give a speech on the role of Justice, Good Governance, and the Rule of Law in eliminating poverty and attaining inclusive development.
CJ Maraga will address an annual forum which convenes global leaders, business professionals, policy practitioners, government officials, students and alumni.
The conference offers a platform for the advancement of intellectual and practical discourse on potential solutions to challenges facing the African continent as well as highlighting innovative thinking.
[caption caption="CJ Maraga (Twitter)"][/caption]
This year's theme is: "Our Time; Our Vision: Wielding Africa’s Potential for Sustainable Growth."
Mr Maraga will attend the annual event alongside Judge Prof Joel Ngugi who will be a panelist in the panel of constitutionalism, rule of law and democracy.
He will also be accompanied by Chief of Staff in the Office of the Chief Justice Duncan Okello.
The event is coordinated by students at the Harvard Law School, Harvard Graduate School of Education, Harvard Kennedy School of Government, Harvard Graduate School of Design, Harvard School of Public Health and Harvard College.
Maraga gained prominence after the Supreme Court ruling when he nullified the disputed presidential results.
[caption caption="CJ David Maraga (Twitter)"][/caption]
The historic ruling placed Kenya as the first country in Africa and the fourth in the world to invalidate a presidential election.
- tough hardle26 September 2020 - 8:44 am
- His Take26 September 2020 - 8:33 am
- Power play26 September 2020 - 7:36 am
- declined26 September 2020 - 7:23 am
- double standards25 September 2020 - 7:58 pm
- unfortunate25 September 2020 - 7:30 pm
- please consider25 September 2020 - 7:03 pm
- heckled25 September 2020 - 6:31 pm
- Terrified25 September 2020 - 6:14 pm
- sad!25 September 2020 - 4:48 pm
- Chaos25 September 2020 - 4:35 pm
- fire25 September 2020 - 4:06 pm