A Kisumu businessman accused Gem Member of Parliament Elisha Odhiambo of threatening his life alleging it was because he testified against the lawmaker in a lawsuit he faced.
According to the Star, Erick Rabwogi narrated how he was attacked by goons who were in the company of the lawmaker at a bar during the weekend.
The businessman told journalists: "The youths beat me up as they took me to where the MP was and then the MP threatened to shoot me."
He further recounted the events stating: "During this ordeal, the MP was threatening me and telling me I can't take him anywhere but I managed to escape".
[caption caption="NASA leader Raila Odinga with Gem MP Elisha Odhiambo "][/caption]
Rabwogi told the press that he has taken action against the legislator by reporting the matter to the police under OB 42/24/03/18.
The Kisumu businessman also affirmed he sustained injuries on the ribs among other parts of his body but he sought treatment and was discharged.
Rabwogi wants police to investigate the lawmaker and ensure that the youths who attacked him are arrested and charged with assault.
"The MP told me that he will deal with me and not even Midiwo can do anything about it," Rabwogi, an activist stated.
[caption caption="Former Gem MP Jakoyo Midiwo"][/caption]
However, the Siaya High Court dismissed the petition last month for lack of evidence.
- Covid-1925 May 2020 - 5:20 pm
- tots on air25 May 2020 - 4:50 pm
- latest25 May 2020 - 4:31 pm
- Another One25 May 2020 - 4:26 pm
- the journey25 May 2020 - 3:26 pm
- Protests25 May 2020 - 3:12 pm
- Clarification25 May 2020 - 2:36 pm
- next level25 May 2020 - 1:50 pm
- Extreme Measures25 May 2020 - 1:03 pm
- coming clean25 May 2020 - 12:40 pm
- winning25 May 2020 - 11:48 am
- Head On25 May 2020 - 11:08 am