A Kenyan man suspected of facilitating al Shabaab activities has been arrested.
Francis Macharia Karishu was arrested on Sunday evening in Kayole where he was believed to have been hiding and handed over to the anti-terrorism police unit.
His arrest comes barely two days after police placed a Ksh1 Million bounty on his head.
Macharia is suspected to be an illegal documents facilitator who has been helping Al Shabaab terrorists fraudulently acquire Kenyan identity cards.
[caption caption="A poster of Francis Macharia "][/caption]
Police stated that Macharia forged four Kenyan ID cards used by two terror suspects, Abdimajit Hassan Adan and Mohamed Nane, who were arrested with a bomb laded car in February 2018 in Isiolo County.
The two were alleged to have planned a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device (VBIED) attack within Nairobi and managed to cross the Kenya-Somalia border using the fake IDs.
According to the police, the suspect operates a business by the name Paste Printers in Nairobi, within Ridges building along Luthuli Avenue.
The police disclosed that Macharia engages in the printing of fake identity cards, bank cheques, title deed forms, birth certificates and Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education certificates among other documents.
His accomplices in the fake document syndicate Lydiah Nyawira Mburu and John Maina Kiarii have since been arrested and charged with forgery of official documents.
[caption caption="Al-Shabaab militants training"][/caption]
Meanwhile, police are also looking for another "armed and dangerous" suspect from Kitui called Anthony Munyasya alias Abdalla.
He was reported to be a "highly trained" al Shabaab operative who has been fighting for the militants in Somalia since 2014.
- New Frontier27 February 2021 - 6:30 pm
- Spike27 February 2021 - 5:29 pm
- unfortunate27 February 2021 - 5:06 pm
- Chairperson27 February 2021 - 4:06 pm
- Take Note27 February 2021 - 3:23 pm
- Withdrawal27 February 2021 - 3:00 pm
- Drainage27 February 2021 - 3:13 pm
- Easy as Pie27 February 2021 - 2:07 pm
- dangerous27 February 2021 - 1:54 pm
- Captured27 February 2021 - 1:40 pm
- Tragic27 February 2021 - 1:27 pm
- Heartmelting27 February 2021 - 1:05 pm