A Kenyan man suspected of facilitating al Shabaab activities has been arrested.
Francis Macharia Karishu was arrested on Sunday evening in Kayole where he was believed to have been hiding and handed over to the anti-terrorism police unit.
His arrest comes barely two days after police placed a Ksh1 Million bounty on his head.
Macharia is suspected to be an illegal documents facilitator who has been helping Al Shabaab terrorists fraudulently acquire Kenyan identity cards.
[caption caption="A poster of Francis Macharia "][/caption]
Police stated that Macharia forged four Kenyan ID cards used by two terror suspects, Abdimajit Hassan Adan and Mohamed Nane, who were arrested with a bomb laded car in February 2018 in Isiolo County.
The two were alleged to have planned a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device (VBIED) attack within Nairobi and managed to cross the Kenya-Somalia border using the fake IDs.
According to the police, the suspect operates a business by the name Paste Printers in Nairobi, within Ridges building along Luthuli Avenue.
The police disclosed that Macharia engages in the printing of fake identity cards, bank cheques, title deed forms, birth certificates and Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education certificates among other documents.
His accomplices in the fake document syndicate Lydiah Nyawira Mburu and John Maina Kiarii have since been arrested and charged with forgery of official documents.
[caption caption="Al-Shabaab militants training"][/caption]
Meanwhile, police are also looking for another "armed and dangerous" suspect from Kitui called Anthony Munyasya alias Abdalla.
He was reported to be a "highly trained" al Shabaab operative who has been fighting for the militants in Somalia since 2014.
- Imagetough times23 February 2020 - 7:47 pm
- ImageBusted!23 February 2020 - 7:03 pm
- ImageAxed23 February 2020 - 6:21 pm
- Imagestyle up23 February 2020 - 6:13 pm
- Imagereggae roadblock23 February 2020 - 5:09 pm
- ImageDefying the Odds23 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- Imageelevated23 February 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Imageclandestine23 February 2020 - 4:32 pm
- Imageown man23 February 2020 - 4:54 pm
- ImageCruel23 February 2020 - 4:14 pm
- Imageoh happy day23 February 2020 - 2:27 pm
- Imagefireworks23 February 2020 - 2:01 pm