Deputy CJ Philomena Mwilu Arrested
Deputy Chief Justice Philomena Mwilu was on Tuesday arrested at the Supreme Court over alleged corruption.
According to reports, Justice Mwilu was taken to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations for questioning.
The Nation reported that the Director of Public Prosecutions Noordin Haji called an urgent press conference on the matter.
Here is a video courtesy of NTV:
The judge has been under investigation for months after being reported by the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) to the DPP over the suspicious transfer of large amounts of money in and out of several bank accounts.
The top judicial official faces numerous counts of stealing, abuse of office and tax evasion.
Investigations also implicated the judge in the collapse of the imperial bank after accepting a personal loan of Ksh12 Million.
The details of the case emerged days after it was reported that President Uhuru Kenyatta received a secret dossier damning high profile government officials before he left for his US tour.
“I have no room for corrupt judicial officers. Know that you are alone if you are corrupt and expect no sympathy, mercy or protection from my office,” the CJ remarked.
- 11 November 2019 - 9:48 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 7:54 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 7:57 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 7:01 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 8:13 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 6:43 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 7:15 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 5:51 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 5:16 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 5:01 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 4:52 pm
- 11 November 2019 - 4:37 pm