A Supreme Court judge faces possible arrest in the heightened fight against corruption in the country.
The judge has been under investigation for months after being reported by the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) to the DPP over the suspicious transfer of large amounts of money in and out of several bank accounts.
The top judicial official faces numerous counts of stealing, abuse of office and tax evasion.
Investigations also implicated the judge in the collapse of the imperial bank after accepting a personal loan of Sh12 million.
According to the Daily Nation, state prosecutors have discussed reporting the judge to the Judicial Service Commission (JSC) and possible prosecution.
Sources mentioned that the investigation and the legal analysis were complete. However, the identity of the judge is yet to be revealed.
Secrecy and over the case has been uncommonly high as judges are legally protected by the law.
The details of the case emerged days after it was reported that President Uhuru Kenyatta received a secret dossier damning high profile government officials before he left for his US tour.
“I have no room for corrupt judicial officers. Know that you are alone if you are corrupt and expect no sympathy, mercy or protection from my office,” the CJ remarked.
- helping hand10 July 2020 - 11:37 am
- Money Bags10 July 2020 - 10:53 am
- chosen few10 July 2020 - 10:23 am
- Changes10 July 2020 - 9:51 am
- face the music10 July 2020 - 9:03 am
- Under Siege10 July 2020 - 8:41 am
- decision10 July 2020 - 8:20 am
- Alert10 July 2020 - 7:30 am
- Opulence10 July 2020 - 7:11 am
- Revealed10 July 2020 - 8:14 am
- vacancies9 July 2020 - 7:35 pm
- Revealed9 July 2020 - 6:40 pm