On Monday, Nation journalist Barrack Oduor was badly injured after a failed kidnap attempt.
The journalist, who covers Homa Bay County, escaped from his kidnappers by jumping out of a moving vehicle.
This happened at Nyangweso market on the busy Homa Bay-Kisumu road.
Speaking form Kisumu Hospital, he indicated he took the daring action after his attackers bundled him in a tinted car.
He had gone to meet with a source in Migori when the situation worsened.
The source was identified as Michael Oyamo, who is Migori Governor Okoth Obado's personal assistant.
Oyamo had alleged he had details of a scandal in the county and was accompanied by a woman named Sharon who is also associated with the county boss.
"The governor's personal assistant had initially called the lady, Sharon, for us to meet for a tip-off in Rodi Kopany township but changed the venue of the meeting to Rongo town in Migori County," Oduor remarked.
Oyamo arrived at the hotel one hour late and claimed that the environment was not conducive.
He told Oduor that a vehicle was waiting to transfer them to a more favourable location.
The plot, however, thickened when the driver began to speed off and on sensing that all was not right, Oduor jumped out of the vehicle.
Journalists in the area constantly complain of attack of alleged goons hired by politicians masquerading as story sources.
Speaking exclusively to Kenyans.co.ke, Governor Obado intimated that he learnt of the ordeal on Tuesday morning.
He further stated that legal action would be taken on his assistant if found calpable.
"The law is clear on the actions to be taken against perpetrators of such criminal acts."
- new beginnings7 August 2020 - 2:23 pm
- only way7 August 2020 - 2:48 pm
- Daily Briefing7 August 2020 - 2:11 pm
- all in one7 August 2020 - 1:32 pm
- silver lining7 August 2020 - 1:26 pm
- sad7 August 2020 - 12:30 pm
- Heartbreaking Tales7 August 2020 - 12:53 pm
- out the door7 August 2020 - 11:38 am
- Stormy Affair7 August 2020 - 10:42 am
- open up7 August 2020 - 10:21 am
- Think Twice7 August 2020 - 9:52 am
- tragic7 August 2020 - 9:11 am