The mother of the slain Rongo University student Sharon Otieno whose mutilated body was retrieved from Kodera Forest on Wednesday opened up about the intrigues that led to her daughter's fallout with Migori Governor Okoth Obado.
Melida Auma delved into the alleged rocky affair between Sharon and the county boss accusing him of seeking to terminate her daughter's pregnancy.
According to Auma, her daughter had declined to abort and the decision bred the fallout with the governor who already denied being behind Sharon's death.
Reports by The-Star indicate that the family believes Governor Obado and his personal assistant, Michael Oyamo were the masterminds in Sharon’s murder after she refused to abort her seven-months-old pregnancy.
"She told us about her pregnancy and the person behind it. I told her not to abort because it could result in many complications," narrates Sharon's mother.
Sharon, who was a mother of two and a first born in a family of four had deferred her studies this year due to lack of school fees.
According to the Standard, She was to resume studies in January next year at Rongo University where she was taking a diploma course in Medical Records and Information.
Some of Sharon's confidants have opened up about her lavish life as evident on her social media pages and that she often referred to her pregnancy as "carrying mtoto wa county (carrying the county baby)".
The news of her death sparked protests in Rongo as students took to the streets protesting the murder of their colleague who doubled up as a clothes dealer at Rodi Kopany market in Homa Bay.
- new beginnings7 August 2020 - 2:23 pm
- only way7 August 2020 - 2:48 pm
- Daily Briefing7 August 2020 - 2:11 pm
- all in one7 August 2020 - 1:32 pm
- silver lining7 August 2020 - 1:26 pm
- sad7 August 2020 - 12:30 pm
- Heartbreaking Tales7 August 2020 - 12:53 pm
- out the door7 August 2020 - 11:38 am
- Stormy Affair7 August 2020 - 10:42 am
- open up7 August 2020 - 10:21 am
- Think Twice7 August 2020 - 9:52 am
- tragic7 August 2020 - 9:11 am