Safaricom Announces New Data Bundles
Telecommunications giant Safaricom PLC on Friday announced new data bundles in a move likely to disrupt the mobile service provision industry.
In a statement sent out on Twitter, Safaricom stated: "We have listened. Get more from our new data bundles".
One of the major changes introduced in the new plan under the tag #TuendeleeKuChat is that users will now be able to continue using WhatsApp even when their bundles run out.
Just like in the former plan, the data bundles are categorized under the daily, weekly and monthly packages.
The first deal in the daily package costing Ksh20 will see users enjoy 50MB of data and 50sms.
Ksh50 will now purchase 150MB and 150sms under the daily plan while 500MB and 500sms will cost Ksh99 daily.
Under the weekly package, users will enjoy 350MB for Ksh99, 1GB for Ksh250 and 3GB for Ksh500.
Lastly, the monthly plan will have Safaricom customers enjoy 2GB for Ksh500, 5GB for Ksh1000 and 15GB for Ksh2000.
The new bundles reflect the call for more affordable data plans for the millions of users who use data on their mobile devices.
Besides, the introduction of free access to Whatsapp even when the data runs out reflects a recognition of the consumers' increased usage of the messaging platform.
- November 18, 2018 - 6:35 pm
- November 18, 2018 - 6:08 pm
- November 18, 2018 - 5:08 pm
- November 18, 2018 - 4:52 pm
- November 18, 2018 - 3:58 pm
- November 18, 2018 - 2:56 pm
- November 18, 2018 - 1:44 pm
- November 18, 2018 - 1:06 pm
- November 18, 2018 - 12:15 pm
- November 18, 2018 - 11:42 am
- November 18, 2018 - 10:41 am
- November 18, 2018 - 10:38 am