Kenya Film Classification Board (KFCB) CEO Ezekiel Mutua on Friday set strict measures for all those who plan to watch the Rafiki film which will be screening for an entire week.
Taking to social media, the KFCB boss stated that anybody with the desire to watch the movie should show proof that he/she is above the age of 18.
"Our enforcement officers and the police will conduct surveillance and random checks in all public theatres to ensure the orders of the court are strictly adhered to and no children are allowed to watch homosexual content.
"Proof that one is an adult will be required at theatres," he tweeted.
Earlier in the day, following the High Court ruling temporarily lifting the ban permitting its screening, Mutua dared theatres to show the film without the body's approval.
"If people want to screen the homosexual film in their houses that's fine. We are watching to see which public theatre will exhibit it without the Board's approval," he wrote.
Expressing his disgust over the lifting, Mutua affirmed that homosexuality was not the Kenyan culture.
"Shame on those foreign NGOs who want to use gay content as a tool for marketing the film industry in Kenya," the KFCB boss added.
Justice Wilfrida Okwany lifted the ban for a period of only seven days that will now allow the film to be nominated for an Oscar award.
"I am not convinced that Kenya is such a weak society that its moral foundation will be shaken by seeing such a film," the judge ruled.
Following the ruling, the screening dates for the film were quickly posted on social media.
- Imageshots fired22 February 2020 - 7:41 pm
- Imagelooking back22 February 2020 - 7:21 pm
- Imagefirst appearence22 February 2020 - 6:44 pm
- ImageStreamlining the system22 February 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Imagedivine calling22 February 2020 - 5:58 pm
- Imagerelieve22 February 2020 - 4:00 pm
- ImageGreat Talk22 February 2020 - 4:49 pm
- Imagereviving the dream22 February 2020 - 3:30 pm
- Imagetill further notice22 February 2020 - 2:59 pm
- ImageTaking Initiative22 February 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Imagesad22 February 2020 - 1:50 pm
- ImageLocked22 February 2020 - 1:34 pm