A Kenyan woman living in US has been found dead after her family reported her missing one month ago.
Her body was found by California Highway Patrol (CHP) officers who were responding to an unrelated crash on Sunday afternoon in Alameda County.
The officers spotted a Mercedes-Benz car that had rolled off the highway and landed at the bottom of an embankment.
On inspection, they discovered the body of the woman identified as Wamaitha Kaboga-Miller inside the vehicle.
Paramedics who responded at the scene pronounced Wamaitha dead at the scene and determined she had been dead for an extended period.
The cause of the crash, as well as the day and time, are still under investigation.
“This is a sad day and not the outcome any of us ever wished for. Our hearts and prayers go out to Ms Kaboga-Miller’s family,” CHP mentioned.
The 66-year-old was last seen August 17 at a grocery store and was reported missing by her family the next day.
The family had offered Ksh 2.5 million reward to anyone who would help find her.
Her family and friends had conducted several searches in the area since her disappearance in an effort to find the deceased.
Wamaitha was a retired engineer for giant tech company Apple.dead crash
- Wanted Man9 August 2022 - 9:30 pm
- Check Results9 August 2022 - 9:04 pm
- Released9 August 2022 - 9:28 pm
- His Choice9 August 2022 - 7:45 pm
- Explained9 August 2022 - 7:39 pm
- Voter Apathy9 August 2022 - 6:09 pm
- Spotted9 August 2022 - 6:26 pm
- fury9 August 2022 - 5:58 pm
- Working Systems9 August 2022 - 6:07 pm
- Miscommunication9 August 2022 - 5:48 pm
- Human9 August 2022 - 4:31 pm
- Facts9 August 2022 - 4:39 pm