Two blasts in El Wak town near Mandera on Thursday left 2 people confirmed dead and several others seriously injured.
First, a blast was reported at a tea shop close to El Wak Police Station.
According to area residents, A second Improvised Explosive Device (IED) then went off at another tea shop.
At least 10 people were said to have sustained serious injuries.
The attacks come barely a day after after officers from the Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) and the Anti-Terrorism Police Unit (ATPU) conducted a raid in El Wak.
El Wak is a divided town with part of it in Somalia while the rest lies in Kenya.
The officers conducted the raid after an IED was used to attack a KDF vehicle outside Daba City in El Wak, Mandera County.
They were accused of brutality with 22 people injured during the operation as a number of houses were also torched.
A week earlier, area locals turned on non-locals at the El Wak health facility where one of them was killed by a stray bullet during riots to protest against the Anti-Stock Theft Police Unit.
It was alleged that officers from the unit picked five members of a family during a security operation but three of them were later found dead.
Two non-locals were stoned to death in the attacks condemned by Economic Freedom Party (EFP) officials.dead death killed
- COMEBACK27 October 2021 - 8:10 pm
- Struggling27 October 2021 - 8:10 pm
- Halted27 October 2021 - 6:47 pm
- this is why27 October 2021 - 6:42 pm
- Concern27 October 2021 - 6:29 pm
- The Truth27 October 2021 - 6:23 pm
- SHOCKING27 October 2021 - 6:12 pm
- sweet27 October 2021 - 5:30 pm
- Troubled27 October 2021 - 4:30 pm
- Changes27 October 2021 - 4:11 pm
- Formation27 October 2021 - 5:15 pm
- REMARKABLE27 October 2021 - 4:56 pm