The Governor who is now in his second term has been accused of using taxpayers money to purchase plane tickets for his family members in the course of three years.
In a report forwarded to the DPP, Mr Rasanga is among other County Government Officers approved for prosecution over the awarding of benefits warranting abuse of office.
The Governor is however reportedly out of the country on official business.
According to Citizen Digital, the Governor is also allegedly hunted over an irregular award of Tender to build a structure at the County Headquarters grounds.
He is reported to have approved the construction of a pre-fabricated building at Ksh22.5 million when the budget had been estimated at Ksh21.6 million.
The report further reveals that officials from the Siaya county did not follow due procedures as outlined in Procurement laws.
In August this year, the Governor also faced claims over embezzling money meant for a bursary in the 2017/2018 financial year.
The DPP also accepted a file recommending for the prosecution of other Governors including Busia’s Sospeter Ojaamong for abuse of office for taking on unplanned projects thereby losing 8 million in the process.
All accused county officials are to be prosecuted with abuse of office and offence of economic crime.
The Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission Commission (EACC) forwarded 91 files to the DPP of which 66 were approved and 53 accepted for prosecution.
- Imagewow27 February 2020 - 5:56 pm
- ImageLoan Rangers27 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm